Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Photo Detour!


On my way home from work today I took an unplanned detour.

In other words, I got lost. Well, not LOST lost, just wrong turn lost. I knew where I was, I had just never been where I was before...

You see, on my way home from picking up some takeout for dinner I got blocked in by traffic and was forced to miss my turn. This then forced me to drive over a bridge.

I hate bridges. Like, really. They freak me out. I get visions of earthquakes (unlikely but not impossible for Massachusetts!) that destroy the bridge and send me and my car plummeting into the water below. Being on a bridge without a car is slightly better, depending on the height of the bridge, but I still prefer to be on the banks and beaches of any body of water.

Anyway, getting off topic! I was forced to drive over a bridge! And, to make it worse, the traffic continued onto the bridge so I had to stay on it for longer than strictly necessary.

When I made it to the other side safe and sound I breathed a sigh of relief and looked around. It was so pretty! There was a little park off to the side, so I pulled off of the road and walked around a bit with my camera. My dinner was not completely forgotten, I grabbed a piece of cornbread to munch on while I wandered.



I was pleasantly surprised to see a large number of ducks floating along in the river!


The bridge I was forced to traverse and many ducks!
More duckies!

My next goal was to take pictures of these little quackers!

It took me a while to get all my ducks in a row... (ah hahaha, I am SO funny, right? ...right? ::sigh::)

The ducks are almost in a row... but not quite!

One, two, three! Three ducks in a row ah-ah-ah!

I was able to get pretty close to one little girl duck. Her beak was messed up. I felt bad for her, I don't think it was impacting her much though. After I got a few pictures of her she flew off back to the group.



There was something wrong with her beak

There were other birds around as well. There were many pigeons, a couple seagulls, and a few other birds here and there.

Seagull flying overhead

One little boy, all dressed up like a hunter- complete with a plastic gun in his belt and a foam sword, ran around chasing pigeons. I think he was intending to slay them. It was pretty adorable.


No comments:

Post a Comment