Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

Selfy-Sunday meets Doctor Who!

Whoo! Back to school has been kicking my butt! The last 2 weeks have been non-stop school stuff. I have a GIANT backlog of photos to process and more to come soon for the Chrysta Rae Photography Scavenger Hunt on G+!

I took a little time out of my Sunday for my by-monthly Selfy-Sunday photo! Every two weeks, on G+, there is a Selfy-Sunday photography event. Sometimes there is a prompt or challenge to do, sometimes not. This time they were trying out a new submission system so that was the focus, no theme. So I gave myself a theme!

DOCTOR WHO! If you do not know Doctor Who then you need to go and educate yourself! Doctor Who is a show that started in the 1960's and has had a number of re-boots since then. The latest re-boot started in 2005 and it is AWESOME! A few years ago a couple friends of mine were shocked that we had never seen Doctor Who. They grabbed a couple seasons, shoved them at us, and told us we were not allowed back into their house until we've watched them! If we didn't like it, fine, but we needed to at least see it. We were hooked! And it turned out, I had seen the show before! When I was living in Scotland we had a little TV in the common area of our flat. It did not always work. But one time it DID and I watched a really interesting show, but was never able to figure out what I was watching. When we got a few seasons in I saw the episode that I had watched years earlier.

Now my husband and I convert others into Whovians (Doctor Who fans!) and I do happy dances when my students know Doctor Who. One awesome little nerdlet wore a Doctor Who shirt to school the other day, awesome! I love teaching nerdlets.

In honor of the new season of Doctor Who starting Saturday I did a Doctor Who themed photo for Selfy-Sunday.

There is a character on the show named River Song. I love River. She is awesome! She is feisty, she is sarcastic, she is viscous, and she is mysterious. I decided to try and pull off a River Song look.
The photo below is River Song.



I curled my hair and grabbed my jean jacket and white button up (usually reserved for my Harry Potter Luna Lovegood outfit!) and got ready for my photo. I grabbed a picture of the Tardis (The Doctor's time machine, Time And Relative Dimensions In Space) and edited it so that I could shop it in once I was done while my hair sat in curlers. I did my makeup a bit more understated and natural than usual, then grabbed my tripod and camera and ran out to my yard. My next door neighbor saw me taking a bunch of photos and yelled CHEESE at me, which almost made me break my, "Don't mess with me," face! I ran back in, edited it in Lightroom, then moved over to Pixelmator and added in the Tardis. 
Below is my River Song!


 I think it turned out pretty good! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment